MonTECH offers numerous Assistive Technology (AT) training opportunities for groups and individuals at our Missoula and Billings locations as well as off-site and in long-distance formats.
Examples of potential training topics include:
- Awareness of AT options (low-tech to high-tech)
- AT for employment and workplace accommodations
- AT in educational environments
- AT for community living, home environment, and home modifications
- Alternative augmentative communication
- AT for hearing, vision, and/or mobility
- AT for aging
- AT funding
- Computer access and software applications
- Recreational AT and adaptive recreation practices
MonTECH has capabilities to deliver trainings remotely.
For a fee, trainings are customized to meet the interests and needs of specific groups or individuals. Trainings can be scheduled at MonTECH or via distance delivery. Specific training can also be extended to those who support the individual using the device—such as family members, personal assistants, teachers, and para-educators.
For more information about assistive technology training opportunities or for driving directions please visit our contact us page.
MonTECH staff can provide a variety of professional services to individuals with disabilities and those who are aging, families, groups, businesses, and organizations. Consultation regarding assistive technology, adaptive equipment, and access to facilities, programs, and services in the following areas is available:
- Assistive Technology (AT) Acquisition and Implementation: Assistance finding funding resources, justifying necessity, and billing; setup, programming, and implementation of AT for maximum benefit.
- Business Access & Employment: Business accessibility, reasonable accommodations, ergonomics, and employer vs. employee responsibilities regarding provision of AT.
- Education: Evaluation of student needs, district responsibilities, and state and federal law regarding intervention strategies.