Wheels Across Montana (WAM) provides adaptive trikes and biking equipment to Montanans living with disabilities. Our trikes will accommodate a range of ages and abilities. Trikes and biking equipment are available for loan for 30 days, with loan extensions possible in some circumstances.
WAM inventory is located across Montana at 5 partner organizations in Billings, Dillon, Fort Peck, Helena, and Missoula. Partner organizations may also offer programs utilizing the trikes. All loan requests are made through this website, and all equipment is picked up from and returned to the partner organization. When requesting equipment, please make sure it is located at the partner organization closest to you.
Our partner organizations include:
- Billings: Billings Family YMCA and St. Vincent Hospital’s Headways Program
- Dillon: Southwestern YMCA and Barrett Hospital
- Fort Peck: Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Wellness Program at Fort Peck and community programs
- Helena: The YMCA of Helena, Montana and the Helena Parks & Recreation Department
- Missoula: The New Directions Wellness Center and Missoula Parks & Recreation Department
- WAM Informational Brochure July 2016 (pdf)
- Rifton Tricycles: Sample Letter of Medical Necessity
- Bike Funding Sheet
- Where to buy a bicycle helmet