Wheels Across Montana (WAM) provides adaptive trikes and biking equipment to Montanans living with disabilities. Our trikes will accommodate a range of ages and abilities. Trikes and biking equipment are available for loan for 30 days, with loan extensions possible in some circumstances.
WAM trikes can be borrowed in five locations around the state. Partner organizations may also offer programs utilizing the trikes. All loan requests are made through this website. When requesting equipment, please make sure it is located at the partner organization closest to you. Once your request has been processed by MonTECH, the community partner will contact you about when and where to pick up your trike. Returns are also made to the community partner. If you need help requesting a trike, please call MonTECH at (406) 243-5751.
Our partner organizations include:
- Billings: Billings Family YMCA and St. Vincent Hospital’s Headways Program
- Dillon: Southwestern YMCA and Barrett Hospital
- Fort Peck: Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Wellness Program at Fort Peck and community programs
- Helena: The YMCA of Helena, Montana and the Helena Parks & Recreation Department
- Missoula: The New Directions Wellness Center and Missoula Parks & Recreation Department
- WAM Informational Brochure October 2019 (pdf)
- Rifton Tricycles: Sample Letter of Medical Necessity
- Guide to Cycling AT for Adults with Mobility Disability
- Bike Funding Sheet
- Where to Buy a Bike Helmet