Wheels Across Montana (WAM) provides adaptive trikes and biking equipment to Montanans living with disabilities. Our trikes accommodate a range of ages and abilities. Trikes and biking equipment are available for loan for 30 days, with loan extensions possible in some circumstances.
WAM trikes can be borrowed in five locations: Missoula, Helena, Billings, Fort Peck, and Dillon. All loan requests are made through this website.
When requesting equipment, please make sure you’re searching the WAM site closest to you. Once your request has been processed by MonTECH, the community partner will contact you about when and where to pick up your trike. Returns are also made to the community partner.
To find a trike, type the WAM site nearest you in the search window in the upper-right corner of this page. For example, if you live nearest Missoula, type ‘Missoula’ in the search window and click ‘search.’ You will then see all of the trikes, helmets, and bike locks available to borrow at that location. If the trike you want is currently waitlisted, get on that waitlist so you can be next in line!
If you need help requesting a trike, please call or write us: (406) 243-5511, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about the community partners who help us store and maintain our trikes, visit their websites below:
- Billings: Billings Family YMCA
- Dillon: Southwestern YMCA
- Fort Peck: Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Wellness Program
- Helena: The YMCA of Helena, Montana
- Missoula: The New Directions Wellness Center and Missoula Parks & Recreation Department
- WAM Informational Brochure October 2019 (pdf)
- Rifton Tricycles: Sample Letter of Medical Necessity
- Guide to Cycling AT for Adults with Mobility Disability
- Bike Funding Sheet
- Where to Buy a Bike Helmet